<body>


About Me.


*~Rosaline Tan~*
19+ years old
NP Health Sciences (Nursing)
COS(BT), Youth Impact
Passionates
cutie_pier@hotmail.com

[ .loves. ]
purple,roses,rum n raisin,truffles,
salmon,apple struddel,scuba diving,
japanese food,furry animals,
babies,dancing,painting,rollerblading
stars,auroras,shopping,skating,
chilling out at night,oceans,nature,
taking photos,cycling,squishing my toes in the soft sand, baking:)

Archives.


November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
August 2009



Tagboard




Thursday, March 12, 2009
my first near-encounter of fainting after blood donation 7:48 pm

Today was my first near-encounter of fainting after blood donation.
I went to the BloodBank @ Outram today to donate blood. And because i only woke up at 2pm, i made sure i had my breakfast, which consists of soya milk and tuna pancake, before i went for the donation. (As i remembered only later, i don't digest food and fluid that fast)
After donating blood, i had milo and red bean soup. I felt perfectly fine honestly, no signs of hypovolemia.
And so i was on the MRT, a crowded train, and i was standing by the door leaning on the glass panel. By the time the train reached Clementi, i started feeling nauseated and breathless. Before i knew it, my vision started to blur and i started seeing white. I struggled to focus on my surroundings as i clung onto the side of the door to keep myself from falling. I knew i was losing consciousness and i thought, "Oh God, help me. I can't faint in here". I'm not sure if anyone around me noticed this pale faint girl, but i did try to pretend i was normal.
I managed to persevere on till the next station at JE and then i alighted. I remember walking funnily as i tried to balance myself while walking as i could hardly focus. Thankfully the bench wasn't that far away. My vision returned the moment i sat down.
I called my sis to fetch me from Lakeside MRT. I rested till i felt better, then i took another train. Every train was crowded so i had to stand. Once again i felt my dizzy spell return so i alighted at Chinese Garden. Rested again and took another train to Lakeside. What a day. I went back home safe.
I guess i didn't have enough blood after the donation cos i didn't have enough fluid in my body. The minimum weight for blood donation was 46kg. When i weighed myself there at the Bloodbank, i was barely 47kg. But i still passed all their checkups.
Rosaline must drink more water.